If you would like to see how much faster DataSnap XE is, download the client application built in Delphi and navigate through the application. The Amazon instance will be running for about 24 hours for now.
Here are some guidelines to help you to understand what’s happen when you execute some of the server methods:
Tab Server Methods
- Button Get Server DateTime – return the datetime from our Amazon server
- Jobs available – list of the records based on ClientDataSet, you can edit, delete and insert data
Using ClientDataSet (Master-Detail)
- ClientDataSet using Master-Detail (read only)
Reading Data from DBXReader
- This tab has 3 buttons, the first one returns a list of department, the second tells the object to order the next request by ID and the last one order by NAME. Since this object is a singleton, if you click to receive the list ordered by ID and the results are ordered by NAME, it is because someone around the world request the order by NAME. This is simple example showing how the memory management works on DataSnap.
Using DBX framework to send TParams
- Just add a record on the table Department passing to the server a TParams object
- Receive object from the server
Download the DataSnap client application here, unzip, click and run.
This is just a small sample to show you some of the DataSnap capabilities, Anders was responsible for the QA process.