Thomas Grubb from Words from a Delphi CodeSmith blog, did a fantastic job comparing performance from Delphi 2010 to XE6. His motivation around this benchmark was to validate Delphi Quality, Performance, and Stability (QPS) over the years, specially now where Embarcadero claims a lot of focus on these areas with Delphi XE6 release.
His tests include VCL, FireMonkey, Win32, Win64, Android, iOS, OSX and third party library.
The whole series is based in 12 blog posts as you can se below.
- Hello World Compilation Tests (Speed and Size) – Part 2
- Hello World Execution Tests, VCL (Win32 and Win64) and FMX (Win32) – Part 3
- Hello World Execution Tests (FMX Win64, OSX) – Part 4
- Hello World Mobile Execution Tests (iOS and Android) – Part 5
- Inference Engine Component Suite Execution Tests – Part 6
- RiverSoftAVG SVG Component Library Drawing Tests – Part 7
Again, congratulations Thomas for the fantastic job and time invested on that. I think everyone on the Delphi community will appreciate.